Why Work for MHD?
We encourage originality and creativity in each individual while maintaining a positive work environment. MHD’s ongoing mission to be leaders in innovative environmental practices while fostering growth in new areas of business. A team of dedicated colleagues that believe in personal responsibility and integrity. Choosing to work with MHD is choosing to be a part of a team looking beyond oneself and making a difference in the world.
We’re offering great opportunities!Apply
Software Engineer (Austin, TX)
Job Description: Software Engineer
At MHD, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why MHD is a great place to work. Be the reason we help thousands of consumers get a quicker replacement product and enhance their experience of replacement of their non-functional or defective devices.
Researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Designs embedded systems software. Applies principles and techniques of computer science, computer or electrical engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan the installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develops or directs software system testing or validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical Engineering or any related field
- 2+ years of experience in Application Software Development or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Applications Software Development or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience working with Kubernetes/OpenShift, Dockers, Linux operating system
- Experience working as a developer with C#, Java or any other object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with AWS, Google Clouds or any cloud platform/provider
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a scrum team with minimal direction/supervision
- Self-starter and ability to learn new technologies and contribute